15 Ways to Wear an Infinity Scarf in the Summer
Summer season is right around the corner, which means it’s time to put away those fall and winter clothing and accessories and stock up on the summer fashion pieces we know and love… or is it? Contrary to popular belief, there are a few wardrobe pieces that can be transitioned from fall and winter to the summer season, and infinity scarves are one of them. Not only do infinity scarves add a touch of chic to any fashion ensemble, but the options for donning a bright-colored summer appropriate scarf are endless. Whether it’s a knit infinity scarf or a cotton one, one thing is for sure: there are an infinite number of ways to style an infinity scarf (no pun intended!) Here are 15 of our favorite ways to wear this must-have summer accessory, which one is your favorite?
1. Basic Scarf The most basic way to wear an infinity scarf is to simply put your head through the loop. While this is the traditional way of rocking an infinity scarf, it looks just as unique and stylish worn this way as it does worn any other way. Whether you style it with a pair of denim shorts and sandals, a flirty summer dress, or even over top your bathing suit, you’re ready to make a fashionable statement at the next beach barbecue!
2. Double Loop For an extra “wow” factor, double loop the scarf around your neck. This gives the appearance of wearing two separate scarves and looks simply chic with any outfit. Opt for a textured or patterned scarf for this option to really bump up the style factor. Wondering how to achieve this look? Simply place the scarf around your neck, twist it, and loop it over your head once.
3. Capelet Bundle up if it gets cold at night by wearing your infinity scarf in a capelet style. This is similar to a shawl style, but it covers more of your shoulders and keeps you snugger when the weather cools down. To achieve, loop the scarf around your neck, twist it to form an ‘X’ shape, pull it toward your neck, and spread out the material so that it covers your shoulders entirely. Without a doubt, this style is tres chic and sure to result in compliments.
4. Shawl While temperatures during the warm summer days may rise, it’s no secret that things tend to cool down come nighttime, and an infinity scarf is perfect for keeping warm on those chilly summer nights. Transform your daytime looped scarf into a cozy summer shawl by simply wrapping the scarf around your shoulders and spreading the fabric out until it covers your shoulders, elbows, and upper back. Depending on how long and thick your infinity scarf is, you’ll be left with varying levels of shawl thickness, but no matter what, you’ll look extra stylish and fashion-forward with this style.
5. Hooded Shawl Love the shawl style but need something to cover your head? Turn your shawl into a hooded one just by pulling up the back of it over your neck and onto your head. This is especially handy if you’re wearing a bigger infinity scarf, as there’s more material to wrap around your neck as a shawl and on your head as a hood. This way of wearing an infinity scarf can give off any style you want depending on the other clothes and accessories you wear with it. From Parisian chic to edgy rock star, you’ll look fierce no matter what look you’re going for. A striped or other patterned infinity scarf would look best in this style, as spreading out the fabric can really show off the scarf’s intricate detailing and pattern.
6. Off the Shoulder Shawl Show off those bronzed sexy shoulders by wearing your infinity scarf off the shoulder. Simply place the scarf around your neck, pull it down until it reaches your shoulders, and make a knot in the center of the scarf. This is perfect for wearing to a more formal event as it offers a touch of ladylike elegance that no other accessory can master. Opt for a solid-colored infinity scarf for this style for a polished and sophisticated look.
7. Bathing Suit Cover Up Without a doubt, summer season calls for days by the pool or beach, and a stylish infinity scarf that can be worn as a bathing suit cover up is a definite must for the season. Opt for one with a bright color such as turquoise, lilac, or pink to truly feel the summer vibe. Patterned infinity scarves that feature flowers screams summer and would work great for this type of style. Best part? Once things start to cool down, your bathing suit cover-up can be transformed into a shawl, hooded shawl or shrug if needed!
8. Sarong If your infinity scarf is long enough, you can tie it as a sarong for an extra fashion-forward beach cover up. To take things a step further, use a skinny belt to cinch and accentuate your waistline and keep the scarf in place. Tie-dye and multicolored patterns look especially striking with this style, as do bright solid colors and neutrals. Your tropical beach vacation awaits you!
9. Double Up Double up your infinity scarf styling and wrap two lightweight, thin scarves around your neck. You can use a longer one to drape lower and a shorter one to fall higher. The motto “the more the merrier” certainly rings true when it comes to this style, as you can play up the colors and patterns and make a unique double infinity scarf of your own.
10. Shrug Looking for a lightweight alternative to a cardigan? Turn your infinity scarf into a shrug and wear it over your favorite summer dress, with a colorful tank top, or to complement a strapless top. Perfect for adding a dash of sophistication and femininity to any summer outfit, wearing your infinity scarf as a shrug gives off a polished yet stylish look.
11. Vest Give your outfit a bit of an edge with an infinity scarf vest. This works well with a fringed scarf, a knit scarf, or even a cotton scarf. To achieve, simply stick one of your arms into the loop, pull it over your shoulder, bring it toward the front and stick your other arm into the loop. And to give the outfit more of a silhouette and shape, add a belt around your waist. Whether you have a knit scarf or a cotton one, this style is perfect for looking fashionable during the summer season.
12. Traditional If you love the look of an infinity scarf but crave the appearance of a traditional scarf, you can always turn your infinity scarf into a regular one by holding either side of the scarf in each hand and placing the whole scarf around your neck folded (without putting your head through the loop of the scarf). This will give the look of a regular scarf, but it’ll be your little secret that it’s actually an infinity scar.
13. Triple Loop Cool summer nights call for a warmer fashion ensemble, and an infinity scarf is the best option. For more of a turtle neck look, triple loop the infinity scarf around your neck and enjoy a warm and snug summer look.
With so many colorful and vibrant scarf options for summer, it’s no secret that owning at least one infinity scarf is a must for the warm weather season. Whether your summer consists of non-stop traveling or lazy days by the water, you’ll need an infinity scarf to tie your whole outfit together and add an extra dose of style to your ensembles. There are so many different ways to wear an infinity scarf; don’t be afraid of testing out your own unique variations!
Think since summer is here that you have to retire your beloved scarves to the back of your closet until fall comes round again? Is wearing a scarf in the summer months something of a mystery to you?
Best Infinity Scarves for Summer
I have done my research and compiled a list of the best infinity scarves to be had. So let’s change your limited way of thinking. YOU CAN wear a scarf in the summer. By choosing infinity scarves in lightweight fabrics you won’t melt in your scarf and you will be able to wear your chic accessory without worry in the sweltering heat. There are a ton of gorgeous infinity scarves in bright, airy colors that will compliment your summer wardrobe.
J. Crew’s Infinity Scarf in Seaside Navy ($39.50) and it is hands down my most favorite scarf. The super soft, lightweight fabric feels so indulgent, and the bright blue with dark navy stripes amazingly go with everything. My ultimate accessory staple.
The burnout cotton/polyester fabric of Gap’s Speckled Print Infinity Scarfin Tree Frog (24.95) reminds me of a sunny meadow bursting with gorgeous white flowers.
Looking at Echo’s Infinity Scarf in Turquoise ($38.00) makes me feel like I am staring into the beautiful blue-green water on holiday in Greece.
Picture yourself at an outdoor summer festival wearing ModCloth’s Weave Through the Crowd Scarf. ($19.99) Being unique will come easy while wearing the varying lengths of woven cotton fabric. Think of it as an infinity scarf that moonlights as a necklace.
If high-end, sparkly and extraordinary are more your speed then Maison Martin Margiela Multi-Color Iridescent Chainmail Infinity Scarf ($635.00) has what you are looking for. This glorious scarf has what seems like millions of blue, green, teal and purple aluminum flecks on a sleek satin fabric base.
Calvin Klein’s Infinity Wrap in Grey ($65.00) isn’t technically an infinity scarf. Oh no….it’s better than that. This multi-tasker is an infinity scarf that attaches to the long sleeved wrap with button closures. Perfect for cool summer nights or chilly air conditioned offices. A true wardrobe essential.
Wear the summer sky in scarf form with the Carolyn Butterfly Infinity Scarf in Mint Green. ($16.96) The cool, minty green fabric is home to dozens of butterflies and sprinkled with cutesy polka-dots all over.
Fancy a parade of seahorses around your neck? The Seahorse Infinity Scarf ($16.00) has a pattern of bright blue seahorses on a simple white background. Be seaworthy mate!
Scarfand’s Mixed Color Stripes Infinity Scarf in Brown ($15.00) reminds me of a fluffy, warm beach blanket. Snuggle up in the varying widths and colors this scarf offers.
No boat? No problem! Channel your inner boater with this adorable white jersey knit infinity scarf adorned with navy blue anchors from Etsy seller J Lee Jewels. ($20.50) Ahoy Matey!
On the snuggly soft Mustard Hills Cowl Infinity Scarf by Flytrap ($45.00) the punchy yellow and green print in on the inside and out. So no matter how you wear it the citrusy colors will be visible.
Lift off into space, or get as close as you can get while wearing Fab.com’s Oversized Spiderweb Scarf. ($149.00) Featuring a gorgeous real space image of the Cat’s Paw Nebula located in the constellation of Scorpius. The image was snapped by the Hubble Telescope and made by Shadowplaynyc. Out of this world!
The supple lightweight fabric of the Fillmore Circle Scarf in Ecru ($24.00) reminds me of sand. Specifically squishing my pedicured toes in sun-warmed beach sand. Why yes waiter I will have another mimosa. Ahhhhh…..
Travel the world without traveling far! Urban Outfitters will have you feeling very international while wearing their World Traveler Infinity Scarf. ($24.00) The sheer rayon fabric has an allover map print and will leave you longing to plan a voyage to anywhere.
Make a statement while wearing The Kids Are All Bright Infinity Scarf ($11.00) from Lulu’s. The highlighter yellow scarf has just a touch of green making the color unique. Think of it as a wakeup call for you, and for anyone lucky enough to lay their eyes on you.
What is more rock and roll than a chic infinity scarf with a skull print? South Moon Under is offering this rad Skull Infinity Scarf ($24.00) for the groupie inside of all of us. While the overall look is pretty hardcore, the skulls are faint enough that this scarf can be worn everywhere.
Be fancy in Pixie Market’s Orange Ruffle Neck Tie ($179.00) Adding a bright orange infinity scarf with endless ruffles could be just the thing your little black dress needs go from simple to whimsical!
This scarf is reminiscent of your favorite worn in t-shirt. MKL Accessories sumptuous polyester Gray Infinity Scarf ($10.00) drapes your neck in cozy comfort. Guaranteed to be your essential summer scarf, it can easily be tossed into your bag and carried everywhere with you. Since it will go with anything you wear, whipping it out when you see goose bumps on your arms will be a no brainer.
Escape to a private island while wearing the Palm Tree Print Infinity Scarf by Charlotte Russe. ($9.99) The colorful palm tree print will have you longing for drinks with tiny umbrellas, anything with coconuts and a new itch to learn how to hula dance.
As you can see shopping for a summer scarf is simple. This list is just the tip of the iceberg! Get out there and explore the world of infinity scarves to find your favorite. I promise that it will be time well spent and that once you find your perfect match you won’t be able to imagine how you lived without your infinity scarf!